The Street Maintenance Division is responsible for:
- Maintenance of 155 miles of public roads and alleys, traffic signals and streetlights
- Oversight of refuse pickup and recycling, miscellaneous cleanups, street sweeping and dead animal disposal
- Leaf pickup, ice and snow removal
For questions or issues on the topics below, contact the Public Service Department or call 614-277-1100.
- Metal poles: note the street and pole number.
- Wooden poles: note the nearest address. Contact AEP for wooden pole street lights.
Traffic/Pedestrian Lights or Signage Issues
- Report a non-functioning traffic light, pedestrian light or sign issue.
- After 4 pm, contact the Division of Police, 614-277-1710 (non-emergency number).
Street Sign/Signal Requests
- Request new, altered signage or other traffic control device requests.
- Report potholes or damage to roads.
- Report a nuisance or dead animal.
Street Sweeping Program
- The Town Center and commercial areas are swept twice monthly for an eight-month period, as part of the Grove City Service Department's street sweeping program.
Snow & Ice Removal
The department salts and removes snow on city streets using the following guidelines:
- Snow accumulation under two inches is not typically plowed.
- Main arteries are prioritized and cleared first (i.e., Broadway, Stringtown Road, Hoover Road, Kingston Avenue). This is followed by secondary streets.
- Neighborhood side streets and courts are plowed last, but not salted (maintaining main arteries takes precedence over these streets).
- Property owners are responsible for clearing their sidewalks and we ask their help in keeping storm drains clear to deter standing water.
Grove City Street Maintenance Program
The Street Maintenance Program occurs every year to keep our roadway safe and in good condition. Work typically occurs during weekdays from 7 am to 7 pm during the construction season.
Things to know about street paving:
- Residents on a street selected for maintenance will be notified by a door-hanger placed on their door no less than 48 hours prior to construction activities.
- The door-hanger will indicate the date, duration, and construction activity to be performed, as well as any special information you might need including contractor contact information, roadway parking restrictions or minor access restrictions.
- "No Parking" signs will be posted in appropriate areas no less than 48 hours in advance of any parking restriction.
- Please plan your commute accordingly and use caution in the construction areas. All work is weather permitting.