Grove City offers recreational youth team sports that encourage participation from all skill levels. Being part of a team encourages a child to stay active while developing important social and organizational skills with life-long benefits. Players are placed on teams by staff to cultivate balanced competition.
For more information, call 614-277-3050.
The following sports are offered
- Little League Baseball: ages 5-17 register in February for spring-summer season
- Fall Baseball: ages 5-17 register in June for fall season
- Indoor Volleyball: grades 3-12 register in August for a late fall season
- Basketball: grades K-12 register in October for a winter season
- Register online by individual
- During the designated month; availability is limited and leagues may fill early
- Uniform shirts are provided
- Co-rec. except basketball (separate boys and girls leagues)
Complete the coach application (PDF) or call 614-277-3050 to express your interest. Background checks are part of the application process.
- Sponsor a Little League team to show the community your support of local youth.
- Donate to the Youth Sports Scholarship Program to ensure all members of the community can participate.
In addition to lead-up sports programs offered by the department for pre-K athletes, Grove City Parks & Rec. partners with Bally Sports to offer T-ball, soccer and basketball team experiences for ages 3-5.
- Bally Sports offers online registration
Sports for Players of All-abilities
- Grove City Buddy Ball offers a baseball experience for youth and adults who face challenges that affect their ability to participate in traditional baseball leagues. Register by individual through Grove City Parks & Rec. during February-March for spring-summer leagues and mid-July-August for the fall league.
Other Local Youth Sports Opportunities
- GCKA (Grove City Kids Association) offers youth team sports options in soccer, girls’ softball, lacrosse, football and cheerleading.
- Grove City YMCA offers classes and programs for all ages.
- Grove City Church of the Nazarene offers team sports for all ages, including Upward programs.
- OLPH offers youth sports through CYO.